Palazzo dell'Emiciclo (Hemicycle Palace), L'Aquila
The school “From Equilibrium Phenomena Towards Open Quantum System” is the second event of the series Gran Sasso Quantum Meetings (link to the past edition), meant to gather together researchers and students interested in the mathematics of quantum mechanics.
The school aims at providing an overview of some research lines on the mathematical features of quantum mechanics, ranging from few- and many-body operator theory to equilibrium and non-equilibrium statistical mechanics. The event is addressed to PhD students and young researchers and consists of three courses by leading experts on the field, invited talks and contributed talks by the participants.
- Adiabatic quantum dynamics and applications to open systems
Alain Joye (Université Grenoble Alpes)
- Open quantum systems: structure and dynamics
Marco Merkli (University of Newfoundland)
- Bogoliubov theory for many-body quantum systems
Benjamin Schlein (University of Zurich)
- Decoherence in the photosynthesis process
Claudia Negulescu (Université Paul Sabatier)
- Emergence of Haldane pseudo-potentials in systems with short range interactions
Jakob Yngvason (University of Vienna)
We welcome submissions for contributed talks. Please visit the registration page to fill the submission form by March 7, 2021.
Scientific and Organizing Committee: