The workshop will be held at the Gran Sasso Science Institute (GSSI), an international PhD school and a center for advanced studies in physics, mathematics, computer science and social sciences.
GSSI is located in the heart of L'Aquila historic city centre. L'Aquila is a city in the centre of Italy, at about 110 Km (68 miles) to the east of Rome. It is situated in the heart of the mountainous region of the Abruzzi at a height of 721 metres above sea level.
Here a few information about L'Aquila and his region:
- Short history of L'Aquila
- Basilica di Collemaggio
- 10 reasons to visit Abruzzo in 2018
- The first jubilee - A little-known reason to visit the medieval town of L'Aquila
- 10 typical food products from Abruzzo
- Gran Sasso: A tale of physics in the mountains
- Hiking in Abruzzo
- Skiing in L'Aquila
From the town "Rovere" to the shelter "Rifugio della Mandra", L'Aquila